1. You should carefully think over_____ the manager said at the meeting.
A. that B. which C. what D. whose
2. Last week I wrote to the hotel to book a room, but they _____ yet.
A. didn't answer B. wasn't answering
C. hadn't answered D. haven't answered
3. Diana felt very much upset at _____ to the party as she had longed to go for a long time.
A. having not been invited B. not having been invited
C. not to be invited D. to be not invited
4. On no account _____ held responsible for the car accident, so he should not be put into prison.
A. the driver can be B. can the driver be
C. the driver be D. be the driver
4.选B，考察倒装句用法，否定词on no account放在句首，句子要倒装，所以只能在B和D中选，但D出现谓语动词be原形不对。
5. All the kids are crying now. What _____ makes them so unhappy?
A. it is B. is it C. it is that D. is it that
5.选D，考察强调句，it is …that…,这句话还原为陈述句：it is what that makes them so unhappy。
6. Unfortunately, the package I was expecting was _____ to the wrong address.
A. written B. given C. packed D. delivered
7. _____by a large audience, he felt very nervous and didn't know what to say.
A. Watching B. Watch C. Watched D. Having watched
8. I'm very grateful for your help and hope to do something for you_____in the future.
A. in exchange B. instead C. in return D. in particular
9. I can ____you that the animals are well cared for in our zoo, so you needn't worry about them.
A. suppose B. assume C. assure D. grant
9选C，考察几个动词的词义，A。猜想，认为，B假设， 猜想，C使相信； 使确信，D准许； 答应给予。只有C符合题意，assure sb that从句“使某人确信。。。”
10. The drowning boy made a _____ attempt to catch the rope thrown to him.
A. dangerous B. graceful C. gentle D. desperate
11. If we _____ early tomorrow morning, we will reach the coast before dark.
A. take off B. set off C. set up D. take up
12. A lot of people mistake John for Bill because they _____ each other in appearance too much!
A. weave B. utilize C. reveal D. resemble
12.选D，考察几个动词的词义，A编， 织； 织成，B利用， 使用，C显示； 露出，D看起来像。只有D符合题意
13. When there are cordial relations between the two countries, we mean there exists a_____ relationship between them.
A. friendly B. hostile C. fertile D. complicated
13选A，考察几个形容词词义，A友好的，友善的，B怀有敌意的， 不友善的，C多产的， 富饶的，D结构复杂的。只有A符合题意。
14. The patient's recovery was very encouraging as he could _____get out of bed without help.
A. only B. almost C. merely D. hardly
14选B，考察几个副词的用法和词义，A只，仅仅，B几乎， C仅仅，只是， D几乎不，只有B符合题意。
15. At the job interview, Mr. Brown gave a good _____ of himself and finally got a job as a salesman.
A. opinion B. idea C. cry D. account